


This is about some of the changes we felt needed to be done to our motor home to make it more "us". Maybe some other RV'ers will find this info of interest and possibly of some help to them.
These photos show a cabinet I made to give us more storage space. There was a chair fastened to the floor in this spot when we purchased the motor home, but I replaced it with this cabinet. As you can see it is lower on the left side to allow the passenger seat to lay back while traveling. With three doors we have easy access to the shelves and can put both large and small items inside. The door is made with the frame grooved to set in some and not flush on outside as a lot of cabinets have. I used no nails or screws to hold the door together. I used a good glue and it has held up great. These photos where taken about 3 years after I built and installed the cabinet. The cabinet is fastened to the floor with screws to keep it from moving while traveling. I kept the weight down by using thin paneling and making the frame out of 3/4" X 3/4" strips of wood.
Signed,
Lee
No comments:
Post a Comment